Monday, August 18, 2014

Just go to Church! (name that movie...the District!)

Your jobs are not to be sick when I come home. Ok? I sure hope you feel better soon!

Dear Mom and Dad, 
     It sounds like the 2 of you had a blast of a week. I REALLY liked the missionary experiences. Thanks! You should come out here and share the gospel...we wouldn´t mind. 
    So I´m at the LAN House in the elders´ area because everything we want today is super close together in their area and we have to travel either way to use the internet. All the people in my area are pretty rich so there are no internet cafés...so we grab the city bus to some place that does. One of the Elders in their house left his shoes outside the door last night and was warmly welcomed this morning by a scorpion sleeping in his shoe. He is at the hospital getting his foot taken care of. Fun, right?
    I can't believe time is flying by so fast. Last night, after most of our appointments falling through, we visited a young lady and her husband. They are both about my age and her mom is a member of our ward. We went over with her mom and little brother and taught about the Restoration. It was one of the best lessons of my life. He had really, really good questions. I could see his minding churning as we shared our message. I can't wait to go back and teach them again. When it was time to go we asked if he had any more questions about the message and he responded,"What do you believe is paradise?" Wow, whole nuther lesson, but an awesome question. 
    I love it here. It is the middle of winter and super hot. I´m going to die in Idaho. I love you both a TON!  Have a wonderful week and keep sharing the gospel like you do.

Sister Hoggan

No comments:

Post a Comment