Monday, May 19, 2014

Parabems!

Dear Mom and Dad...and Alena, Ben, Nic, Monica, Katie, Audrey, and Brody,
      Was it really just last week that I talked to you? I don't think so,but I don't know, time flies at such a strange speed I don't even understand. I opened my email today with awesome graduation noticias of Alena and a super cute picture of her.
      So today the maintenance guys are cleaning the apartment complex water system, which means no water all day. No showers, no toilets, no...yep, you name it, attached to water and it doesn't work. We set aside a fair amount of water in buckets to use during the day so we were fairly prepared. Hopefully it will comes back soon though. It sure makes you think twice about food storage.
     So I went to the doctor this week for I think the 2nd time on my mission. They don't have family doctors here like they do in the states. You can't just call and make an appointment to talk to a doctor, you wait in the non-emergent emergency room to have a chance to talk to him. We waited about 3 hours so he could write me a prescription for my sore throat. I still have a sore throat though. I'm a tad better than I was before, but I'm going to see what else I can do to make it better. 
    We had ward conference on Sunday....with a record number of people in attendance! Yay! We also had a ward talent show this week that was highly entertaining. However, there was this really cute 10 year old girl sitting next to me who apparently could dance really well, but she wouldn't go up and perform...I was a bit bummed. I found out though that after all the missionaries left she got up and sang REALLY well. 
    The work is wonderful and so is my companion. I love it here. 

Com amor, 
Sister Hoggan

No comments:

Post a Comment