Monday, November 4, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Dear Mom and Dad,
    Training is wonderful, but you`re right, it is a big responsibility. My emails have been short, I don't remember if all of them are short, some are because of time, I think another because I wasn't feeling so great, but mostly I think because of time. Sister Leite is wonderful so far and is so much easier to work with than my last companion. She has more experience in the mission field because she served a few mini missions. I feel that I am able to teach more powerfully with her.
           I love missionary work, truly, it`s wonderful. People (like my last companion) are just so dang complicated. Arrgghh. I think that about sums it up. Oh, and my other problem is that the culture here is that people expect your life to be an open book. That is not how it works in the U.S., when you want a private conversation with an adult, you ask for one, and no one has a problem with that. But here, people are so open, its kind of odd. It has its ups and downs.

    That about it for right now.
    Sister Leite is so much easier to work with. She is truly a wonderful missionary. She comes from a really poor family though. The stories you read in the Ensign magazine about people selling everything they own to make a week long bus trip to the temple for the first and maybe only time in her life. Yep, that's my companion. She`s short a few supplies for the mission and didn't know what kinds of skirts work for missionaries because she took out her endowment in the MTC. Ive been sharing a lot of what I have with her, we`ve traded a few clothes as well.

She works really well and that's the important part.
Could you do me a few quick favors? Could you send me a recipe for brownies?
Love you tons,
Sister Rebekah Hoggan
   

No comments:

Post a Comment