Monday, November 11, 2013

God, give me patience...NOW!

Dear Mom and Dad,
    This week was a bit better. We are going to have a baptism on Saturday...yay! The woman who will be baptized is the mother of our recent convert (who was baptized 2 weeks ago).
    So as President suggested, I have been trying to talk to my companion more. When we don't talk to our companions we explode. I've been working on talking to Sister Leite. We are learning to get along. Its all a process and, honestly, it is really tiring. Her natural reaction to negative situations is anger, which is really hard for me. She is frustrated a good portion of the time. She isn't frustrated or angry with me, just with how things play out. Its really hard for me to have to be next to someone who is so different from me. She comes from a part of Brasil that is very different from here and its a big adjustment for her. I keep trying to think about how it was for me when I first arrived on the mission so that I can better support her.
    I feel like God keeps giving me high-maintenance companions, and I don't understand why. Sometimes I feel like maybe its me. Maybe I am the one with problems and everyone else is normal. I think at some point or another all of my companions had thanked me for being the calm, collected one, who can help them learn patience. Its kind of hard to always be the patient one, but someone has to be.
      Other than that...we had Mission Tour this week. Our Area Seventy is visiting our mission and the others surrounding them. Elder Mazzagardi I think is his name. We got a wonderful training about the importance of Preach my Gospel, always making Baptismal invites, and making lots of contacts. He is wonderful. He told us to read 2 Nephi 31 everyday and then, after, to invite your companion to be baptized, just as you would an investigator. And, that if we did that every day we would become much more powerful missionaries.

     To answer a few of Mom's questions before we run out of time. I live a a house with 2 medium small bedrooms. We sleep in one and keep the majority part of our belongings in the same one. In the other room there are a few spare mattresses for when other sisters pass by our house, an ironing board, etc. We also have a kitchen with a stove, fridge, etc. and a small living room where we study. Imagine the 2 room townhouses, but a bit smaller and without carpet. I actually really like our house. We have a washing machine and hang everything on clothes lines. There are only 2 of us that live in our house, my companion and I...

I'll try to answer some more of moms questions in a letter after, I'm running out of time, sorry. Thank you for always praying for me, and for Sister Leite. We both need it. I love you both. Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful adventures with me.

Lots of love,
Sister Hoggan

No comments:

Post a Comment