Monday, September 23, 2013

When you wish you knew sign language...

September 16, 2013

Dear Mom and Dad,
Thanks for sharing your gospel sharing moments with me. I love hearing about them...Mom, I did look at your profile. I like it a lot. Basically, you love the beach and you love the Lord; its a great combination.
I'm liking it a lot here in Franca Seminario. Its definitely different than Penapolis, its a lot bigger. We were walking in the street this week and passed a few men taking a break from constructing a home. I didn't think much of it, but I felt like we should go back and talk to them, so we did. One actually worked there and there other was homeless and just talking to them. The second asked us--who is Joseph Smith? What a great question. We crossed the street where there was a bench.  We sat down and talked to him for a few minutes.  He had been drinking, so we kept it short. We didn't answer his question, but rather taught him that he is a child of God and got him to pray. I then took the water bottle from my backpack and traded him for his three bottles of alcohol. He was reluctant at first, but we traded. After praying with him, we walked down the street and emptied them into the garbage. We invited him to meet us the next day...same bat time, same bat channel. We had a meeting with the elders the next day, so they joined us in teaching him the 10 commandments.
We have been contacting as many people as we can this week to find people to teach. We have found a few and continue to work because I know that if I do my part, the Lord will bless me. I love it here. The work is hard, but sweet. It really is the work of souls.
Its really exciting to hear about the young women of our stake leaving on missions. You rock! Where has Keely Lu been called to serve?
Have a great week, family of mine. I know Tutu's birthday has already past, but darling Tutu of mine, I know you tend to celebrate birthday months rather than days or even weeks, so....
PARABEMS para voce, nesta data querido, muitos felicidades, muitos anos de vida! (its the Brasilian birthday song).
Love you lots!
Sister Hoggan

No comments:

Post a Comment