Monday, September 2, 2013

Doggyzinho

Hello Wonderful Parents of Mine!

This weeks is transfers. I have no idea what is going to happen. My companion has been here for 3 transfers and I have been here for 2 and I just finished the 12 week missionary training program. I´ll let you know what happens next week. 

We had a couple days this week where it was really hard to find people to teach. My companion and I were both pretty tired and it´s starting to get pretty hot...we weren't having much success, so we stopped and said a prayer asking Heavenly Father to give us a hand. We try to be obedient in all things and are working hard. We continued walking and passed the house of a young woman, my companion waved and said hello. I asked ``Sister Castro, do you know her?``She said no, but the young woman came to the gate and let us in and we starting teaching her. It was one of the fastest answers to a prayer I have ever received. We asked God for helped and minutes later we were sitting in this woman`s house talking about Christ. 

We went on splits this week with 2 young women that live in the Elders´ area, Barbara and Amanda. One just received her mission call and the other is working on her mission papers. We met up with them after district meeting and caught the bus to our area. I taught with Barbara and my companion taught with the Amanda. It feels odd to be without your companion...but the two of us did just fine together. We returned to the bus station after the lesson and contacted ALOT of people. It was great. Oh, I forgot, before we went on splits, we demonstrated to these 2 young ladies how to contact people and had them practice. We were giving them a few pointers, when...a mother and daughter walked right past us and we were able to demonstrate what we were talking about. It was perfect timing. It could not have been better planned.

It was about time for Barbara and Amanda to return home, we were waiting and the bus station for my companion and Amanda. 5 minutes before the bus was supposed to live they hadn´t shown up yet. I went ahead and had Barbara buys 2 tickets for the bus.  At 6:30, when the bus should have left, my companion still hadn´t shown up. Barbara was kind of worried, but I was fine. We are doing the work of the Lord and he helps us, even to catch the bus. My companion called saying they had missed the bus that arrives in the bus station. They finally got a hold of a member that gave them a ride. We stalled the bus for as long as we could, and right when it seemed that all was lost and the bus was going to leave, my companion and Amanda showed up and we sent both young women home in safety. It was quite the adventure. My companion had a good laugh about it later. We both had trusted in the Lord, and he really did help us. The bus driver wasn't going to wait, but somehow I convinced him to. It was great.

I love hearing about your exercise adventures. It sounds like all is going great at home. Keep us the great working you two, sharing your testimonies, and helping every hear about the gospel.

Pai Celestial ama voces. Eu tenho um testemunho do evangelho, especificamente sobre o profets Joseph Smith, o sacerdocio, e que o Livro de Mormon e verdadeiro. Familias poderao ser eternas. Somos filhos de um amoroso Pai Celestial.

Amo voces! 
Sister Hoggan

P.S. I found prunes here, I really like prunes. Who would have thought that....I made my companion try them, she wasn't so keen about it and doesn't really like them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment