Monday, August 26, 2013

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine unto understanding.

Dear Mom and Dad...and the rest of the Hoggan clan!

We had a great surprise this week...multi zone training with the mission president! We missed the memo that it was happening and found out this week. It was in Rio Preto which is 3 hours away. We spent the night in Birigui (which is an hour away) and then rode with all the elders in our zone the last 2 hours the next and arrived in time for an awesome training. President talk about the importance of revelation through prayer, through the Book of Mormon, and through the Holy Ghost. He introduced each principle, our zone leaders gave a demonstration, and then we practiced teaching about each of these 3 things. It was great, really helpful.
I´ve been working on learning to trust in the Lord. It is one thing to trust in the Lord in your day-to-day life, but it is another when you are teaching someone else about the gospel and extending commitments...all in Portuguese. The Portuguese is coming along pretty well, you would be pretty surprised at how much I can say, I know I sure am. Its different though, to say things in Portuguese than it is to teach and share your testimony. I'm working on merging the 2 and trusting that God will help me with all of it, and, although I may not be the best teacher in the world, the Holy Ghost is, and he is the one that truly does the testifying.
Thanks Monica and Alena for the awesome photos! I'm glad you all had a great time together at the beach house, I especially loved the picture of Gemma and Audrey.  
 
Quick question: after my mission, will I be able to access this email account so that I can grab photos and notes that are important to me?

Also, if you try to send me anything in the mail, could you possibly include a memory card or two? I'm having difficulties finding them here because we don't have a lot time and don't live near a place that sells them.  I found one, but its causing me a bit of grief. 2G and larger if possible. If not, its okay.
Thank you for your prayers, they really do make a difference. I love hearing about your adventures at home. Great job sharing the gospel. Keep up the good work. Congrats to McKenzie too, we are the same age.
Love you bunches!
Sister Hoggan
Sister missionaries at the zone training

Doce (sweet roll)

Sister Hoggan with maracuja (passion fruit)


1 comment:

  1. If you can pass the message along, Rebekah will be able to check her e-mail after her mission. She won't be able to send or receive from it, but she can still check it, print things our from it, etc... Hope this helps! Thanks for maintaining this blog and keeping everyone updated on Sister Hoggan's mission!

    --
    Brian

    ReplyDelete