Monday, August 19, 2013

Happy Father´s Day!

August 12, 2013 
I know I already wished you a happy Father´s Day, Dad, but it just so happens that in Brasil, Father´s Day is in a different month, so I get to celebrate you being the best father ever, twice!

Dear Mom and Dad,
      I sent you some presents, they should have arrived this week....one of the them is named Ben, another Monica, Nic, Katie, Alena, Audrey,....and another one, I'm not really sure what her name is yet. I hope you are having a great family reunion.
      Maybe I should be slightly jealous that you are all there together and I am not, but I am here and I love you all. I think I can safely say congratulations to Ben and Monica? At first I thought the surprise in the photo was that the tortoise peed, just kidding. When did you find out that Mo is pregnant..?When does my niece arrive? Details, if there are any please.
       I got Nic and Katie´s letters this week, thank you a Brazilian. It sounds like you are having a life full of adventures together.
       This week passed by so fast, it was nuts. Last week, a missionary serving from the branch here returned from his mission. He wrote saying that he wanted to baptize his little sister when he got home. We started teaching her this week. We taught with him to help his little sister receive the gospel. She is 8 years old and is eager to learn. Her baptism was supposed to be Saturday, but the Primary (children's organization) was hosting a Father´s Day ward activity\presentation on Friday and since the whole branch would be at the chapel already, we decided it would be best to hold her baptism on Friday. So, after the ward activity, we all gathered together and watched our adorable little investigator enter the waters of baptism. What a truly precious moment it is when we are able to partake of the blessings of the gospel with our families.
        There was massive amounts of food at the Father´s Day activity. They ran out of plates for people to use, so we waited for people to finish eating so we could wash their plates and eat (they were glass plates, not paper, don't worry). My companion decided to be creative and used the lid to one of the pots as a plate. It was the lid to one of those enormous pots that they have at the church that is used to cook food for like 40 people...yeah, she used it as a plate. It was hilarious, but hey, it worked.
       We had divisions this week with our sister training leaders. The drive from their area (in the same city in the mission office, Ribeirao Preto) to our area is about 5 hours and there are 2 buses a day that make the trip, one at 10:30 am and the other at 11 at night. We´re not allowed to travel at night...so they arrive at 4 in afternoon, and leave early the next morning. It´s really great to work with them though.

No comments:

Post a Comment